Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Lived Experience of Curious Misadventures and Orchestrated Opportunities

I have to confess that I’m a die-hard type A personality. And sometimes I get the feeling that there is a whole world of type B people who are mooching off all of us Type A’s—that while they are having “fun” we are getting all the work done; that they have no idea what it takes to make “all this” happen. So to be honest, I am usually initially resistant to admitting that I don’t have it all together.

Fortunately, God makes a regular habit of showing me that I don’t have a clue what it takes to make “all this” happen. (I think He gets a kick out of it.) He shows me up for the fearful, imperfect and sometimes hilariously incompetent person that I am. And then He allows me the privilege of sitting back (after I’m exhausted from the exertions of my failed type-A striving), to watch Him make it all happen, and often all I can do is laugh—from the mix of my sheer delight, my embarrassed incompetence, and the lovely mess I’ve made that I now find myself in. And this is a journal of just such times.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for letting me peek into your life. You are a wonderful man.
    Terianne Schmidt

    ReplyDelete