Below you will see a picture of a nu-nu and baby in action:
And now, the real reason for this post. Meet Noel. She’s my new, cute little sister. I’ve always wanted a cute little sister. (Marti, calm down…it’s just a joke.) Noel is the 6 month-old daughter of one of our nurses. Her two-year-old brother is Jacob (pronounced with a long “ah” sound. J-ah-cob). That’s my name too. (In Bambara, they say, “Yacuba”) So I adopted her as my little sister. And the big plus: She’s not afraid of white people, which means, unlike 95% of the children here, I can hold her.
I tried taking a picture of her one morning, and I could get her laughing, but as soon as the flash for my camera would go, she would get the, above, wide-eyed look.
That child is scrumptious!!!! I am so glad you have a baby sister now! will you give her a cuddle for me? and tell her I said she found a very special big brother.
ReplyDelete